Monday, February 23, 2009

Burger Buddies Revamped!!!! YES!!!


A long, long time ago, when dinosaurs walked the Earth and I was a kid (it was the 80's), there was one item that I LOVED to get at Burger King... Burger Buddies! These were two small (very small) burgers that were joined together like Siamese Twins. They were wrapped together, and I would unwrap them and magically discover that what was once one burger was now magically TWO burgers... I was mystified, and I whenever my parents picked up food at BK, I would beg for Burger Buddies... If you don't believe me, check out this website... I'm not the only one who remembers these delicacies: http://www.inthe80s.com/food/burgerkingburgerbuddies0.shtml


Then, for mysterious reasons unbeknownst to me or anyone else with any common sense, Burger King discontinued the product... until NOW! BK has just recently come out with Burger Shots, which are almost identical (pictured above), except the burgers are a little bigger... still works for me, since my mouth is a little bigger than it was back when I was 5 (and, believe me, I have a big mouth!).

I was ravishingly hungry last night (Sunday night), and I was heading to a tutoring lesson. I needed to stop by a place to grab some food... On a divine hunch, I went to Burger King. When I saw the advertisements for Burger Shots, my mouth began to water, and my memories took me back to a time of Burger Buddies, apple juice, and FOX 97.1 on the radio. And, for those curious, They were delicious!!!

Also, I realize this blog is lacking in a few things, like more pictures... I am hoping to soon get that fixed, but, for right now, this will have to do. Have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment