Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Recuperation

These past few days have been crazy. This weekend didn’t find me catching a whole lot of sleep, and that translated into me not getting a lot of rest as I pulled into Monday. It was about then that I felt like I hit the wall. And then, in typical ‘me’ fashion, I began to try to pile-drive through that wall. Ever since my freshman year of high school, I have had the tendency to go into over-drive. I have had deadlines that HAD to be met, I have pushed and pushed, and the simple theme follows: Stress builds, I lose sleep, I start feeling under the weather, I keep pushing, and then I eventually collapse and am out of commission for several days until I can recuperate.

Well, when Monday came around, I was feeling, oh, what’s the word? Nostalgic. Stress was building. Same familiar wall (Also, ironic that a particular song is now playing on Pandora RIGHT when I’m talking about nostalgia… ha! I’ve always been somewhat mystified at the power of familiar music, even if it’s been YEARS since you’ve heard the tune… back to my ‘hit the wall’ story…). And I could see myself pushing through it. I can't afford to see myself get horribly sick this go round. I don't have the days to spend to get better (not to mention I hate being really, really sick... obviously). Leaving school (at roughly 5pm), I was debating whether or not to go to the gym. I decided against it, and went STRAIGHT to my bed… it felt GREAT!

Woke up hungry at around 7:30 (rather, 19:30 military time, which is what I keep my cell phone on), and realized I hadn’t eaten in roughly nine hours. And I wanted Krystal burgers. I’m wanting to improve my diet, since I know one reason I’ve had trouble with my weight is that my diet astonishes people on a regular basis (when half your posts on your blog are about food, you know you have a problem). But, I decided on Krystals. YUM. I’ll work on my diet when I’m not feeling like ‘ugh’ (this blog has been censored to better accommodate all ages… ‘ugh’ wasn’t the first word to come to mind).

Tuesday night was good. Went to a ‘book club’, which I prefer to call ‘small group’. The book we are going through in my ‘small group’ is Real Sex: The Naked Truth about Chastity by Lauren F. Winner (interesting title, eh? Wait til you see the title of chapter 3: Communal Sex). So far two chapters into it… it has an interesting perspective on the topic of Christian chastity, and it’s VERY interesting that this is a co-ed group of 20-somethings that I am meeting with. I thought it would make conversation very awkward, but I have already made friends with many of the people in the group, so I am able to open up to the group and get a lot out of it. It’s good to have a group of people I can open up to completely.

And now, I am going back to bed. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment